Here is another one of my all-time favorite recipes: stuffed cheese bread with our extra delicious topping which also serves as a dip at the same time.
You don’t need any yeast, so the bread will be ready in around 30 minutes. This is the perfect meal idea for a quick dinner or lunch.
For the dough, you will only need 3 ingredients: self-raising flour, yogurt, and a little dash of olive oil. You will also need to add a little bit of salt. Done!
Quick, easy, and very tasty. Best of all, most likely you will have all the necessary ingredients in your pantry and/or fridge.
Here is another recipe with only 2 ingredients: 2 Ingredient White Dinner Rolls
I do like to rest the dough for 15 minutes. It also gives me enough time to prepare the cheese filling.
The cheese filling consists of three different types of cheese: Feta, Colby, and mozzarella cheese. A fresh egg binds the cheese together, so it is ready to be spread onto the dough.
The dough needs to be rolled out with a rolling pin. The thickness of the dough is similar to a pizza.
By the way, the recipe makes two stuffed cheese breads so there is enough to go around for everyone. There might even be some leftovers for next day’s lunch.
When you spread the cheese filling onto the dough, make sure to leave some space around the edges. Once you put the cheese filling on, grab the edges and fold them together going around in the circle.
Watch my video to check the technique out. It looks a bit fiddly to stretch out the dough but you will get the hang of it quickly.
To make our stuffed cheese bread even more delicious, it is essential to brush the topping onto the cooked side of the bread while the other side is still cooking away in the large frying pan.
The topping is very simple yet absolutely delicious. Grated garlic, fresh aromatic parsley, chili flakes, and, of course, extra virgin olive oil.
We also use the topping as a dip. Just dunk in your cheese bread, and Oh My …
There are so many occasions you can serve this tasty cheese bread. Think of it as a snack for parties, a light lunch, or a nice dinner with a salad on the side.
You could even use it for a lazy Sunday brunch, maybe together with our Breakfast Casserole.
This bread stuffed with delicious cheese and a garlicky herb topping is just as versatile as our Spanish tortilla recipe.
Without further ado, let’s check out the full printable recipe.
Easy Stuffed Cheese Bread
Just a little note: the recipe card contains affiliate links for the equipment. Read more here.
I’d love for you to leave a rating and/or a comment.
It means a lot to me to learn how you like the recipe, and if you would recommend it to others.
Thanks so much in advance.
Homemade Stuffed Cheese Bread – No Yeast, No Oven
- 1 Small bowl for the topping
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
The Cheese Filling
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 125 grams (4oz) feta cheese
- 1 cups Colby cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Put the self-raising flour into a bowl. If you don't have self-raising flour, use all-purpose flour and add 1 tsp of baking powder to each cup of flour.4 cups self-raising flour
- Add the salt and mix well.1 tsp salt
- Now you can add the yogurt and olive oil. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients.1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Tip the mix onto a workbench and start kneading the dough with your hands.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and soft. It should only take two to three minutes
- Put the dough back into the bowl and cover. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
The Cheese Filling
- Put all three different kinds of cheese into a bowl.2 cups grated mozzarella, 125 grams (4oz) feta cheese, 1 cups Colby cheese
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly with your hands until well combined.1 egg
- Put aside for later.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, parsley, grated garlic, and chili flakes.1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 bunch chopped parsley, 1 clove grated garlic, 1 pinch chili flakes
- Mix well with a fork.
Assemble the bread
- Tip the dough onto a floured workbench and cut in half.
- Roll the first half of the dough out as thin as pizza dough. Keep the other half of the dough to make another bread.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture on. Leave some space around the edge.
- Now take the edge of the dough, lift it up bit by bit, and pull it to the center. The dough is very elastic and easy to stretch.
- Pinch the dough together so the cheese is fully enclosed. It should look like a big dumpling.
- With the rolling pin flatten the stuffed cheese dough carefully until it is even and round.
- Heat up a greased large frying pan and place the bread in there. Fry until golden brown on medium heat.
- Flip the bread over with a spatula and fry on the other side. While the bread cooks, brush on our topping. The cooking time is around 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve while still hot and dip the bread into our topping mix. Soooo delicious!
sweetascooking.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, Amazon.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through its affiliate links.