Can you make white bread rolls with 2 ingredients? Yes, it is possible and best of all, they are ready to be baked in around 20 minutes.
In this post, I am sharing a foolproof, no-fail recipe with you that only requires 2 (!) ingredients.
And the result is fantastic. You will get the most delicious 2 ingredient white bread rolls for your breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, or dinner.
This white bread roll recipe doesn’t need any yeast, instead, you’ll need Greek yogurt and self-raising flour.
In case you don’t have self-raising flour, you can easily make your own. You will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
Simply add one teaspoon of baking powder to 1 cup of flour. And, there you have it: self-raising flour.
Now for the recipe, all you have to do is mix the flour with the yogurt (in my opinion Greek yogurt is the best), lightly knead it for about 2 minutes, and let the dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once the dough has some resting time, cut the dough into 7 or 8 pieces and roll them into small balls.
To make the rolls look and taste a bit fancier, I like to brush the bread rolls with some egg wash and sprinkle on some poppy seeds.
I do love the taste of poppy seeds. In my opinion, it also looks pretty as well.
I like to bake my white bread rolls on a pizza tray. Of course, you can also use a baking sheet.
Extra tip: to prevent the rolls from sticking to the tray, I either sprinkle the baking tray with flour or line it with baking paper.
Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celcius (fan bake) = 400 Degrees Fahrenheit (convection) and bake for at least 15 minutes.
The result is amazing – beautiful crispy brown white bread rolls on the outside and soft on the inside.
I recommend letting the bread rolls cool down for around 15 minutes before serving them.
If you have any leftovers the following day, brush the rolls with some water and reheat them in the oven.
Otherwise, putting any leftover rolls into the freezer is another great option.
White Bread Rolls With 2 Ingredients
My family and I love these 2 ingredient white bread rolls with just about anything. Enjoy them with butter, jam, or savory toppings.
Have them on the side with your Sunday roast, pumpkin soup, or as a snack.
One of my family’s favorite dishes is to bake these rolls together with a brie or camembert cheese. You can find the recipe here.
Because these bread rolls don’t need yeast, you can quickly whip up a batch on short notice.
It is a great recipe to have up your sleeves, especially for busy weeknight dinners, or when unexpected visitors show up.
Please note, that the recipe card contains affiliate links. You can read more about it here.
Also, if you have any questions or feedback, leave them in the comment box below. I’d love to hear from you.
But now, let’s get started with our recipe.
Delicious Quick and Easy Bread Rolls | 2 Ingredients| No Yeast
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg (for egg wash – optional)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds – optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
- Add the yogurt and flour to a large bowl.2 cups self-raising flour, 1 cup Greek yogurt
- With a wooden spoon, mix it all together.
- If the mixture is to dry, add a bit more yogurt.
- Using your hands, slightly knead the flour /yogurt mixture until the dough is nice and soft. It is best to do it on the benchtop dusted with flour.
- Knead the dough for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball, dust with flour, and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rest for around 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into pieces (7 to 8 pieces) and roll them into small balls.
- Place them onto a dusted baking sheet or pizza tray.
- Score the surface of the rolls with a sharp knife.
- Mix the egg in a small bowl with some salt. Using a pastry brush, put the egg wash onto the bread rolls. (optional)1 egg (for egg wash – optional)
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds or coarse salt.1 tbsp poppy seeds – optional
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 Degrees Celcius/390 Fahrenheit for at least 15 minutes. I usually use the fan forced setting.
- Let them cool down for a bit and enjoy warm with butter and jam or savoury toppings of your choice.
sweetascooking.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, Amazon.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through its affiliate links.